Monday, May 4, 2009

happy 67th, dad!

we just celebrated my dad's 67th birthday at King's Hawaiian in Torrance. everyone was in good spirits. my dad looked pretty good, and he seemed to be in a good mood, too. it's a treat to eat here because we rarely travel that far to eat. with three diabetics in the family, we can't stand long distances. hahaha...okay, all right....I can't stand driving long distances. especially when you're hungry.

below are some pix of our day. i had the Luau Platter, which consists of lau lau (steamed pork wrapped in ti leaves), lomi lomi (hawaiian salmon salsa), chicken long rice (chicken with noodles), potato salad, and white rice. oh, and huli huli chicken (it's not in the pic because i gave it to j. because, let's face it, there was lots of food on my plate!). so ono ("delicious"). i also had to have the chocolate dobash cake (i only had 2 bites...gave the rest to j.) before we left. it was a good meal. worth the drive. 

afterwards, we headed home with guava cake (which was also our wedding cake), to blow out my dad's candles. today was a good day. happy birthday to my dad...and hope for many more to come. 

No comments: